Data analytics and continuous auditing: Leveraging the organisation’s data management program to improve efficiency
In this session, the following topics will be covered:
– The Caisse, its business context and its Internal audit team
– Our existing continuous auditing program and how it was developed
– What has changed in the internal auditing landscape (with a focus on data analytics capabilities of high performance internal audit teams of the future)
– Highlights from our organization’s data management practices
– Our strategy to leverage the organization’s data management practices to improve efficiency, including :
- Preliminary work required : audit of the integrity of data warehouses and audit of the development and maintenance of data services (focus on the key areas of these audit programs)
- How to leverage ACL’s new Script Hub tool which provides pre-written and tested data analytics scripts for common risk areas
- Examples of how data services were leveraged for ad hoc data analytics in recent audit engagements
- Roadmap to leverage data services and ACL Script Hub for future developments to our continuous auditing program.
The main purpose of this presentation is to help internal audit teams adopt data analytics strategies that are aligned with the pre-requisites of tomorrow’s high performance internal audit teams.